The Net Promoter Score feedback is a way for your organization to receive feedback on donor satisfaction but, in order to protect donor privacy and encourage honesty, we do not share donor identity. Donors submit this feedback anonymously, and even we at GlobalGiving cannot see the names of the donors.
Articles in this section
- What are GlobalGiving’s reporting requirements?
- How do I post a report?
- When is my report due?
- Who sees my reports?
- Can I post a project report for a “Funded” or “Retired” project?
- How do I make a great report?
- Can I know the names of donors who left feedback on our project report using NPS?
- What does our nonprofit's Net Promoter Score (NPS) mean?
- Why do I have to report if I haven't raised funds for my project yet?
- What does it mean if my Project Report is rejected?