All donations to this fund will support relief and recovery efforts in the region(s) affected by this specific disaster. The fund will initially help first responders conduct search and rescue operations and meet survivors' urgent needs, including the provision of shelter, medical care, food, and clean water. Once initial relief work is complete, money from this fund will be allocated by GlobalGiving for longer-term recovery efforts—largely led by local organizations. All GlobalGiving’s nonprofit partners are vetted.
Articles in this section
- What makes GlobalGiving different from other nonprofits for disaster relief?
- How do I know I can trust my donation to GlobalGiving?
- How long will it take for my money to get to disaster-affected areas?
- Where does the money from a disaster fund go?
- What is the fee on GlobalGiving's disaster funds?
- How will you keep me updated about how my donation is used?
- Can I donate goods, such as bottled water or medical supplies, through GlobalGiving to support relief efforts?
- How does GlobalGiving work with companies and foundations for disaster relief?
- What's GlobalGiving's history in the affected area?
- What is GlobalGivnig's charity rating?