Depending upon the scale of the disaster we will provide updates within weeks of a significant disaster, and at a minimum quarterly, to donors who provide email addresses. These updates include information showing the efforts supported through the fund, including the names of the organizations that are receiving funds. As time goes on, we'll share specific stories, photos, and videos from these relief and recovery efforts. You can see we're still reporting on how funds are being used for long-term recovery operations related to past disasters:
Articles in this section
- What makes GlobalGiving different from other nonprofits for disaster relief?
- How do I know I can trust my donation to GlobalGiving?
- How long will it take for my money to get to disaster-affected areas?
- Where does the money from a disaster fund go?
- What is the fee on GlobalGiving's disaster funds?
- How will you keep me updated about how my donation is used?
- Can I donate goods, such as bottled water or medical supplies, through GlobalGiving to support relief efforts?
- How does GlobalGiving work with companies and foundations for disaster relief?
- What's GlobalGiving's history in the affected area?
- What is GlobalGivnig's charity rating?