We'll make disbursements from the Fund as soon as possible, which means your donation could be on the ground within a week or less. (This is rare for most organizations that aggregate funds as we do!) Our commitment to local nonprofits and medium and long-term recovery means we are deliberate about how we disburse donations. For relief Funds that raise less than $1 million, our goal is to disburse all contributions within 12 months. For larger disasters, we commit to disbursing at least 50% of Fund balances raised within the first year, with additional contributions to be directed to support priority needs and vulnerable communities in years two and three. All donations to Funds will be disbursed within 36 months.
Articles in this section
- What makes GlobalGiving different from other nonprofits for disaster relief?
- How do I know I can trust my donation to GlobalGiving?
- How long will it take for my money to get to disaster-affected areas?
- Where does the money from a disaster fund go?
- What is the fee on GlobalGiving's disaster funds?
- How will you keep me updated about how my donation is used?
- Can I donate goods, such as bottled water or medical supplies, through GlobalGiving to support relief efforts?
- How does GlobalGiving work with companies and foundations for disaster relief?
- What's GlobalGiving's history in the affected area?
- What is GlobalGivnig's charity rating?