After submitting your application, you may receive a message from GlobalGiving requesting changes to the application. This is not unusual - most applicants do.
GlobalGiving staff review your application with a few principles in mind:
- First and foremost, we need to comply with United States nonprofit law, your country’s local laws, and international guidelines for philanthropy.
- We want you to succeed on our platform. We don’t “count it against you” if we need to ask for corrections. Reopening your application for changes gives your organization an extra opportunity to put your best foot forward.
- We hope the resources from our library can help your organization not only with the application process, but also to communicate with your supporters more generally. Our application requirements come from our years of experience understanding what our donors, both individual and corporate, are looking for when they choose who to support.
- Did we say already that we want you to succeed?
GlobalGiving views the application process as a team effort between you and our staff to help ensure that your organization is eligible to fundraise on GlobalGiving and is well-equipped to succeed on the platform.
For more information about GlobalGiving’s application requirements, please refer to this link: https://www.globalgiving.org/nonprofit-application-documents/
For more information about what it means to be vetted by GlobalGiving, please refer to this link: https://www.globalgiving.org/aboutus/how-it-works/vetting/
Other relevant notes:
- Even after you make changes and upload new documents, you will continue to see the red boxes with our feedback in your application. These will remain in place until a GlobalGiving staff member removes them manually.
- If we do not receive the changes we request to your application, we will be unable to complete our review.
If you need support as you make changes to your application, please contact email@example.com.